PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DIY Snippet: Garage Sale Dresser


Before (ew!)


I bought this lovely little number at my son's school wide garage sale for 10 buckaroos.(the Hubster says I paid too much!!) I had no idea what I would do with it at the time so like everything else it sat around collecting dust. Then ah-ha! I remembered this post by Jenny and  so I had a plan! 




After (aaaaahh!)


It was originally sprayed with spray paint and I used a $3 paint pod /primer  combo and it surprisingly covered it. I added several coats of satin varnish afterwards. 






I spent  some time looking for new knobs but decided in the end it would be silly to spend $4 a knob on a $10 dresser.  So, I just refurbished the originals and added a gold accent with a paint pen around the edge. I also finished each  knob with a coat of varnish. 

Time to move on to the next project- MOVING!!

xoxo, Tippi  

No comments:

Post a Comment