PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 25, 2013

Scenes From My Weekend

I'm going to try not to use this post as a platform to complain about the weather. I just have to say that my attitude will continue to be poor until it reaches 70 degrees in Western NC. So brace yourselves. I'm pretty grumpy. Enough with that... on to my weekend!


I spent some time chillin' with my girl. We watched my favorite movie of all time on Netflix, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and she loved it.This was very big to me being that she is such a tomboy. I also played some crazy video game with her and was horrible at it. Nonetheless, it made her very happy that I made the attempt. I'm all about the little things being big things in their eyes.


I also really tried to ignore the weather and proceeded to get a jump on some of my spray painting projects. I've been wanting to spray these wire ginger jars for a while. Believe it or not, that's hot pink fluorescent paint. It looks red most often but I still like it. (I have 2- each shaped a little differently)

I've  been trying to figure out how to configure this little vignette in our breakfast table area. I considered painting the wicker console a funky color but thought I would try using the punch of color in the accessories first and seeing how that would work. I'm pleasantly surprised how it has all come together.




I also squeezed in a quick Goodwill diy. I could kick myself for not getting a before picture. I did not anticipate how much I thought I would like it. I was initially drawn to it because of the shiny gold frame but had a really ugly custom mat. I spray painted the mat black and added my own sharpie geometric art work. Pretty swanky for a dolla', huh?!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

xoxo
           Tippi  


No comments:

Post a Comment