PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 13, 2012

Quick Change: A Mini Closet Makeover

Happy Monday- yes, Monday can be happy. You can do it!! Today  I am going to leave you with a post about a closet quick change. A mini-boutique, if you will. 


Let's go into my closet, shall we? (you should be very afraid right now.)



As you can see, there's a whole lotta stuff  in that there closet. Maybe we should step back.




Yikes, peoples. Now that's a big 'ole mess. Might I mention that I share this closet with the Mr.? I'd love to blame that mess on the floor on him- but I won't. Because I'm the perfectionist. Well that doesn't make good sense does it? My philosophy is that if I don't make time for it to be just perfect- it is going to be incredibly imperfect until it gets done. Sad. Weird. True. 



Here's the after. I think we can all stop screaming and breathe easier now. I cleaned out the clutter and ta da- I have a lovely place to keep my jewels, handbags, and zapatos. ( Please excuse that girl in the mirror-  she's not her prettiest when she's in the midst of projects!) 


Here's how to create your own mini closet boutique:



1. Start with a cute shelf. I bought this one at a consignment shop. They are really easy to come by. You could also buy something new and similar here. 

2. Line your shelf with some fun patterned contact paper. I found this on the clearance rack at Marshall's. You can find something similar here.

3. Add some fun books to stack giving your shelf some height. I love getting books to decorate with from thrift stores. I also sometimes find really good deals here

4. Use various plates, bowls, and dishes to hold smaller jewelry pieces. A larger bowl I had was perfect for housing some smaller clutches. I also gathered a couple of random dishes to hold some other loose pieces. These can also be found in abundance at thrift stores but i found mine right in my own kitchen.   


5. A jewelry tree is a must have item. I used one here to add some more height. It obviously serves a great  purpose for easy access to  my favorite necklaces. You can buy them for $10-$12.




5. Add some pretty perfume bottles. As you can see- it might be time to replenish some of my favs.    


6. Display your sunglasses on the top shelf. If you are like me, they are often times left in the car to get scratched  up and damaged. At the end of the day they go back right on top of this shelf. Easy peasy.

7. Add a piece of funky abstract art work. I made this one. I recommend you make one too. So easy and el cheapo. Canvas and paint. Done.










 8. Display those handbags! Mine were hanging on the closet door and stuck out  
as you entered the closet. I like them much better on this shelf. Ah, more room!

9. Display a few pairs of your favorite shoes. This really serves no purpose but to give it that fancy boutique feel. It might even give you a little extra room on that shoe shelf to buy more.( just don't tell your husband! )

10. Add a fun rug. You can find your own cute little 2 x 3 flokati here.

No comments:

Post a Comment