PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Paint It Black

Today, I came across this post from  Jenny on my most favorite blog, Little Green Notebook. She always has her eye on new trends. I am always really inspired when I read her posts. As a matter of fact, I dropped everything I was doing, ran out into the garage and began digging to find my can of chalkboard paint.

The first of the  matte black  trend I noticed began with car finishes . Let me remind you that I have a teenage boy that brought this to my attention a while back. And no, I am not the least bit interested in this trend much to the dismay of my son. 


                                                         
                                                         image



Here is another example of matte black for nail polish


                                                                    
                                                                          image






These letters with a worn zinc finish from Anthropologie are more of the trend that is arriving in interior design. 



This shelf was a wedding gift and has remained unchanged for the past almost 16 years. I have always loved it- using it to stack small books on through out the years. Hmmm- would it look better black?





















Here it is after a couple of coats of chalkboard paint. Unlike Jenny's paint, mine has a slight sheen to it. I still think it works and still gives that matte black look.


 
  

This was a fun and easy project to do. Black accents pieces are always perfect in small spaces like bathrooms. The shelf seems to work so perfectly on top of the "throne". Grab your chalkboard paint and get to work!!

XOXO,
           Tippi   

No comments:

Post a Comment